Tuesday, February 4, 2014

And Now...

This is what came to pass.....

Being unimpressed with the Traxene and not really thrilled with taking a man-made medication....I ended up taking my sister's advice (the sister with whom I ran the Spartan Race....KickAss!!!!!) and met with Jeff, a Master Herbalist.

After a session with his Bio-Feedback machine (totally crazy, btw), he showed me the findings...

Here's a Sum-Up:

Lower Back

Esophagus

Lower Back

Inflamed Nervous System

Lower Back

Swollen Joints

I was floored. We did talk about my concussion and all that trouble...but we didn't talk about my back. Which. Was. Sore. Stuck. Non-Functional. 

Jeff recommended natural anti-inflammatories for my g.i. system and my nervous system. And...Ta-Da!!!!  EVERYTHING is working. Lower back stickiness...gone. Sore neck...gone. Headaches...gone. The right side of my sinuses, which haven't worked properly since my concussion, cleared and continued to drain for 4 days!!!  I am tired, but in a good way...my system has been on high alert since my concussion and I was super sensitive and STUCK. No wonder Trevor was so annoyed with me.

I have been on the anti-inflammatories for about a week and a half.  On Sunday, I had the best run I've had in about 2 years...

Today, I had a lesson with Jackie Browning and the relaxation that has been missing from my riding was back.  Trevor was a rock star.

It's so nice to have my body and brain back.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment